Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions fielded by the Brother's Brother Foundation team.
All donations must be pre-approved and meet our guidelines to make sure your donations are accepted.
Donations We Accept
- Pharmaceuticals and supplies from manufacturers
- Over-the-counter medication (expiration must be over a year away)
- Short-dated pharmaceuticals from manufacturers*
- Short-dated medical supplies*
- Hospital beds and equipment from facilities
- Walkers, canes, crutches, bedside commodes, shower chairs, etc.
- Wheelchairs, non-electric preferable
*Twelve months or more remaining until expiration.
Donations We Cannot Accept
- Items that have not been completely sanitized and cleaned
- Expired items or items that will expire in less than six months (unless specifically requested by the recipient organization)
- Prescriptions that have been issued to an individual
- Most high-tech equipment (call to be sure)
- Equipment in need of repair