Operational Changes Due To COVID-19 Response
Due the current public health emergency caused by the spread of the novel coronavirus, to protect the health of members of the community, volunteers, partners and staff, BBF has instituted the following policies with immediate effect. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause but hope you understand the necessity of such actions:
- BBF has suspended its volunteer activities at the Behan Building location. We hope to welcome back volunteers as conditions improve and warrant a safe resumption of such activities.
- With the exception of approved and scheduled incoming deliveries and outgoing shipments, BBF’s office and warehouses will be closed to all visitors until further notice. For more information, please call 412-321-3160.
- BBF has resumed all pickups from selected business and institutional donors in both the Pittsburgh and Washington D.C. / Baltimore markets. We remain unable to accept any donated equipment and supplies from individual donors at the Pittsburgh and New Windsor, MD facilities.
Thank you for your understanding of our need to take such actions to help stem the effects of this global pandemic. These procedures are subject to change as the situation evolves and we hope to be able to resume normal operations as conditions improve.
BBF wishes you and your loved ones the best of health in such times of crisis.
Please see the following links for information on the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Allegheny County
- PA Department of Health